Our program welcomes children from age 1-6. It will eventually expand to after school care as well.
- ECE Licence, Early Childhood Educator Assistant Certificate (ECEA), Responsible Adult (RA) Course Completion, or willingness to obtain the RA and ECEA Certification once hired; funding assistance for courses may be available.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification or willingness to obtain.
- Must be comfortable working in a daycare environment under COVID conditions.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check will be required upon hiring
- Assist in planning and implementing a full range of age and developmentally appropriate activities that are inclusive and stimulating for all children (includes fine and gross motor activities, free and imaginative play, and family circle time)
- Create and maintain a welcoming, emotionally safe, respectful and inclusive environment
- Assist in carrying out routines/curriculum of the program
- Ensure safety and overall well-being of all children in care
- Model positive adult-child interactions that promote intellectual, social and emotional healthy development
- Establish positive relationships with families and their children
- Assist with cleaning and tidying duties and maintaining appropriate health and safety standards in the playroom
- Work with staff team to maintain appropriate supplies and resources for the playroom
- Participate in staff and team meetings and staff training sessions as required
- Fulfill other duties as required
In addition to the qualifications stated above, the successful applicated must:
- Be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Agree to signing a Confidentiality Agreement
- Be able to meet the physical requirements of this position (ex. lifting children, toys, boxes, etc.)
Salary & Benefits:
Hours of Work: 12 hours per week to start, with opportunity for increased hours. This position will have a 6-month probation, with a 3- and 6-month review. Ongoing yearly reviews will also be performed.
Wage: Dependant on experience, ECEA wage $17/hr, ECE $20/hr. Wage top ups may apply to ECE position(s) as well as full medical and dental benefits once probationary period completed.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Part Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please submit your application as soon as possible. The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you to all that apply; only candidates chosen for interview will be contacted.
For further information on the Daycare and Family Place, please see our website (www.miearlychildhood.ca/). If you have questions please contact the above email.