BC Housing Kids Club Programmer
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House is seeking a BC Housing Kids Club-Community Programmer to bring energy and enthusiasm to the childcare team in addition to passion for working with children and youth.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and combined with 1-2 years of work experience with children and youth.
- Good interpersonal, leadership and program planning skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Self motivated and takes initiative.
- Professional and reliable team player.
- Knowledge of community resources and services in South Vancouver an asset.
- Ability to work effectively with other service providers and community partners.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Valid First Aid & Food Safe required.
- Clear Criminal Record upon hire required.
- Responsible for supervising, planning, organizing, implementing, program development and evaluating community-based child and youth services for children 6-12 years old living at 3 BC Housing sites.
- Ensure the health, safety and well being of participants in the program.
- Oversee volunteer recruitment and mentorship of older youth, post-secondary students, and practicum placements.
- Build, develop and maintain positive relationships with children, families, BC Housing staff and community partners.
Salary & Benefits:
- Monday to Friday, 12noon to 6:00pm, 6 hours per day/30 hours per week.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary: $19.87 - $21 per hour (dependent upon qualifications), plus vacation, extended health benefits and funding towards professional development.
- Job Type: Part-time
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Part Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- January 15th, 2021 (or until filled)
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
The Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflect our commitment to our staff and their family. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, with subject line “BCHKC- Community Programmer - SVNH” by 5pm on January 15, 2021, in confidence to Jeanette Wong, Childcare Director.