(EC-21155-RR) Program Supervisor
3-5 and Infant/Toddler Program
Seksik Early Care & Learning Centre is an inclusive licensed Child care centre in Downtown Vancouver. The Centre has 3-5 program and Infant/Toddler program.
- You have an ECE Diploma and are a registered member of the Early Childhood Educators of B.C.
- You have solid knowledge of the Child Care Licensing Regulations (CCLR).
- A valid child oriented First Aid certificate is required.
- Special Needs Certificate an asset
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate is an asset
- An Infant and Toddler certificate is an asset
- Experience working with infants, toddlers and children with complex needs is an asset
- Food Safe Certificate is an asset
You have demonstrated childcare center supervisory experience; minimum of two years’ experience in teaching and supervising as a principal or administrator in a childcare or recreational setting
We are offering an exciting opportunity to become part of a passionately dedicated and skilled group of women who provide an accountable and professional yet politically driven service to women and children affected by violence. Reporting to the Manager, Early Years & Learning Programs, the Supervisor at Seksik Early Care and Learning Centre is responsible for ensuring the maintenance of the high-quality program that is age-appropriate and enriching for the children; staying on top of and implementing promising practices; maintaining a respectful, co-operative and positive atmosphere in the Centre; preserving a strong team culture; ensuring staff fully understand expectations, standards, policies and practices of the Centre; creating an environment where staff want to and are able to get involved, participate and cooperate to achieve team and organizational goals; ensuring that the Centre adheres to all applicable legislation including public health; liaising, communicating and maintaining good working relationships with the parents; responsible for outreach and marketing to ensure full enrolment in the Centre; completing all administrative tasks, including classroom ratio monitoring, maintaining all files up to date, maintaining an up to date waiting list and ensuring all payments are received, including completing and submitting subsidy forms on time and accurately; other tasks as may be assigned by your direct supervisor.
Salary & Benefits:
$55,000 annually, plus $2 per hour Wage Enhancement, plus a generous and comprehensive benefit package and matching contribution Pension Plan.
- Lived expertise is an asset, as is living in the community in which you work.
- Atira strives to hire staff who reflect the women we serve.
- Fluency in a language(s) other than English is an asset.
- You must have legal authorization to work in Canada.
- All positions are subject to a criminal records review.
Resumes from qualified First Nations, Métis and or Inuit women are encouraged, as are resumes from Black women, women of colour, trans women, women who are disabled, and women from other equity seeking groups.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- 40 hrs per week (M-F) 8:30am-5:30pm
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote the Competition Number in your email subject line and provide a cover letter with a current resume describing how you meet or exceed the above-noted qualifications. Candidates who lack the experience and qualifications set out in the posting may not be considered, although an exceptional cover letter and transferable skills may overcome lack of experience for some positions. Please go to www.atira.bc.ca/careers for a current list of postings.