Infant and Toddler Early Childhood Educator
- Do you have a love for children and families?
- Is your passion to see children thrive and grow in a Reggio-Inspired setting?
- Is being appreciated and valued as a staff member important to you?-**Please note to those employees who qualify you will be receiving the $4 wage enhancement effective Oct 2021 on top of the current rate
- Opportunity to work in our newest location
- Would you like to work with a team of creative, flexible and passionate Early Childhood Educators?
- Would you like to be part of a team that works to support, nurture, build and challenge your skills in an inclusive community-based organization?
If your Answer is 'YES' then Alexandra Neighbourhood House is looking for you!
Working collaboratively with a team of Early Childhood Educators plan, develop and deliver daily activities that support and promote the health and development of children 0 – 12 years of age, using the Reggio Emilia approach to learning alongside the BC Early Learning Framework.
- Valid Infant and Toddler Early Childhood Educator and/or Early Childhood Educator License to Practice (or in school to complete infant and toddler certification)
- First Aid certificate
- Clean Criminal record Check
- Class 4 driver’s license (or willingness to obtain)
- Appropriate personal and professional boundaries
- Minimum 1 year experience as an Infant and Toddler Educator working in a licensed childcare program
- Experience working with children (0 -12 years of age) including those with special needs and their parents/guardians
- Understanding of the Reggio Emilia approach to learning and the BC Early Learning Framework
Experience and/or training in implementing the decolonization and anti-bias approach in the Early Years an asset and/or willingness to embrace this approach.
- As a key member of a child care team, plan, develop and deliver daily activities that support and promote the health and development of the children 0 – 12 years of age.
- Guide and assist children in the development of daily life skills – eating, dressing, and toilet habits.
- Knowledge of the Early Learning Framework (BC) and Reggio Emilia Approach preferred
- Willingness to provide an emergent program based on the principles of the Reggio Emilia Approach
- Implement an inclusive, Decolonization and Anti-bias approach
- Plan, organize and coordinate resources, equipment and supplies in order to ensure smooth delivery of the program
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with families and other community service providers.
- Assess the skills, abilities, interests and needs of children and refer to appropriate community support services.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant service and safety standards (including WCB and Child Care Facilities Licensing), record-keeping and reporting requirements, and contractual obligations with staff, contractors, volunteers, and students.
- Provides first aid attention when circumstances require such attention and only when his/her first aid certification is current.
- Other related duties as required.
Salary & Benefits:
- The hiring range is ANH Band 6 Step 1 (*starts at $19.01-$22.12, depending on qualifications * and there will be an additional $4.00/hour ECE Wage Enhancement offered plus the hourly wage.)*
Here is what we can offer you:
• Being part of non-profit community-based organization that is over 100 yrs. Old
Potentially exciting opportunity to work at our newest location.
Professional Development Opportunity
Wellness Program: We encourage overall well being
Extra Perks-hired as a regular staff member:
Upon successful yearly reviews we offer a very competitive salary grid
To start 3 weeks paid vacation and increases based on years of service (after 3 months’ probation)
Extended Medical and Dental (after 3-month probation)
Pension Plan (after 1 year)
Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family.
For more information about ANHBC and Alexandra Neighbourhood House, please visit www.anhbc.org.
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.
ANHBC Member Houses: Alex NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH,
Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
email resumes to email@example.com