Infant & Toddler Senior Educator - Full-time
WHO WE ARE
SFU Childcare Society is an internationally recognized childcare centre known for its quality early care and learning. For 50 years, we have been providing and promoting a play based, family focused early care and learning program for children ages 3 months to 12 years. Nestled on the campus of Simon Fraser University, our physical environments and the experiences shared with children reflect the beauty and nature of our mountain location. SFU Childcare Society values children as the heart of our respectful, collaborative and reflective community by providing them with a place to develop their potential through freedom to explore and engage the world around them.
We believe that it is important to create an environment where educators feel supported and that they are given the space to grow in their practice. Our educators connect with each other and their work through pedagogical dialogue, communities of practice, present at workshops and conferences, and have also published articles detailing their work with children and families. To support this work, our Society is committed to providing ongoing learning and leadership opportunities that connect with our mission, vison and core values. Join us in ‘Leading excellence in Early Care and Learning in a sustainable way.’
We are seeking an Senior Educator who:
- Has or is working towards their Infant/Toddler ECE License to Practice and preferably a degree in Early Childhood Care & Education
- Has at least two years’ experience in a leadership role that encourages children, educators, and families in a collaborative and inquiry-based approach to learning, as outlined in the BC Early Learning Framework
• Can mentor, ensure accountability, and provide leadership to a team of educators
- Is able to understand and support child development using the BC Early Learning Framework
- Is passionate, creative, intentional & reflective in their work with children
- Promotes an inclusive environment
- Demonstrates an understanding of pedagogical narration or is willing to learn and engage in this practice
- Has a disposition towards research and inquiry
- Is welcoming of the multiple perspectives of children, families & professionals
- Is committed to professional development and growth
- Is an advocate for children, families & the ECE profession
- SFUCCS currently has a Covid-19 vaccination mandate for all employees. Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination will be requested on offer of employment
Salary & Benefits:
- Starting salary: $23.64 with annual increases
- $4.00 additional per hour through the ECE Wage Enhancement for BC ECE licensed staff.
- 100% family medical/single dental health coverage (option to add family dental at own cost)
- 4 weeks annual Vacation
- Paid statutory holidays
- 12 paid sick days per year, with carry over provision
- Transportation allowance
- Paid professional development opportunities
SFU Childcare Society is an equal opportunity employer, pursuing diversity and valuing what diversity brings to the workplace. SFU Childcare Society adheres to the ECEBC Code of Ethics. This position is open to applicants of any gender.
SFU Childcare staff are members of the BCGEU.
For more information: www.sfu.ca/childcare
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- March 31st, 2023 (or until filled)
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and resume outlining your experience and education (including two references), as well as copies of your BC License to Practice and current first aid certificate, addressed to Program Director, SFU Childcare Society.
Email: email@example.com , We will contact only those applicants selected for an interview.