Casual Early Childhood Educator
This is an on-call position. Working hours and days vary, and they can be a minimum of 4 hours a day to 37.5 hours maximum per week.
Learning Tree Vision Statement:
We are a safe and welcoming community that fosters connection and learning in an inclusive environment.
Learning Tree Daycare is a stand-alone non-profit childcare centre operated by the Brant Villa Day Care Society. Educators and the board of parents are committed to providing kind, safe, inclusive, and meaningful learning experiences for children and educators. We value the needs of all children and educators, both as individuals and as collective community members. Learning Tree provides children and educators with extensive time and space to engage, learn, and think together with each other and their worlds.
- Valid Basic BC ECE License (or ECEA currently in school to obtain basic ECE license)
- Post Basic Special Needs Certificate is an asset
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Food Safe Level 1 is an asset
- Medical Clearance
- Clear Criminal Record Check.
- Two work-related references
We are welcoming educators:
- Committed to engaging and researching with children and providing an inclusive learning environment
- Value communication and teamwork to thrive in a place to learn and grow personally and professionally
- Self-motivated, reflective, and critical learner through their daily practice and ongoing professional development
- Passionate and interested in thinking with the inquiry-based curriculum, BC Early Learning Framework, and pedagogical narration
- Enthusiastic about outdoor learning, rain or shine
- Understand and follow the center policy, procedure, licensing requirements, and ECEBC work ethic
- Have flexible hours
Salary & Benefits:
- Hourly Wage: $22.34 + 10.2% vacations and paid holidays (plus an additional $4/hour for licensed ECEs as per the ECE Wage Enhancement Initiative. It will be increased to $6/hour from December 1st, 2023)
- five paid sick days per year
- On-going professional development opportunities
Learning Tree Daycare Staff are members of the BCGEU. This position is open to male and female applicants.
- Position Start Date:
- November 20th, 2023
- Position End Date:
- December 31st, 2025
- Position Notes:
- Ongoing. Start date is based on the staffing/child ratio needs, and there is no end date.
- Employment Type:
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- varied from 4 hours minimum per day to 37.5 hours maximum per week
- Contact Name:
- Senior Supervisor
- 4103 Brant Street Vancouver, British Colombia V5N 5B5
- Application Closing Date:
- May 9th, 2021 (or until filled)
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please email a cover letter and resume with contact information for two references, addressed to Senior Supervisor, Learning Tree Daycare. Email: email@example.com. We will contact only those applicants selected for an interview and request copies of BC ECE License to practice and current first aid certificate.