ECE Infant Toddler Educator
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
The Learning Circle Child Care Coquitlam (www.thelearningcirclechildcare.com/ ) is excited to offer you the chance to be a part of our dynamic team of educators! We are currently looking to fill the position of Infant Toddler Educator for our Infant Toddler Room. We have been in business since 1992 and is currently expanding our franchise locations throughout Greater Vancouver Area. In the Coquitlam location, we have multiple quality care programs: JK1 (1-3 years old), JK2 (2.5-5 years old), Preschool (2.5-5 years old), Before/After School (K-Grade 2; Grade 2 and up), Summer Camp/Preschool.
Full Time Position Available: 1 Shift: Day, Mon-Fri (40 hrs/week)Salary: Dependent Upon Experience and Qualification ($16-$20)
- Follow the TLC philosophy and safety policies.
- Participating in the planning and implementing of age appropriate programs to enhance the child's cognitive, physical, social and emotional development. Plan, prepare and implement age appropriate activities.
- In consultation with the program staff; You will incorporate learning experiences designed to meet the individual needs of the children. Assist and support classroom teachers with implementation of the daily routine.
- Engage children in activities such as storytelling, singing song and preparing artistic crafts.
- Assure that each infant and toddler is warmly greeted upon arrival; each infant is held and each child is gradually assisted to become a part of the small group.
- Prepare and serve snacks; Respond consistently to infants’ needs for food and comfort.
- Tend to children’s personal hygiene needs, remaining especially attentive to them during routines such as diaper changing, cleaning, feeding, and changing soiled or wet clothes.
- Establish good relationship with the children and their families; as well as coworkers
- Handle emergencies, crises, and challenging behaviors of the children.
- Pass on messages, information and concerns to Head Teacher / Director. Submit written classroom/student observations to Head Teacher / Director when asked.
- Must have Early Childhood Educator License to Practice WITH Infant Toddler Certification (we will not consider any ECE without IT Certificate).
- Must have current First Aid Certificate.
- Must have experience working with children in a child care / recreational setting.
- Must Consent to Criminal Record Check.
- Statement from a medial practitioner indicating adequate physical and psychological capability to work with children and carry out assigned duties.
- Immunization Record.
- Diplomas, certificates, or other evidence of training related to child growth/development
- Class 4 driver’s licence
To apply, you must provide the following:
- A Cover letter describing how you meet the essential qualifications (Education & Experience) of the position.
- A current detailed resume
- Name and contact information of at least two (2) work related references
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected.We appreciate all candidates applying, but only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.