- ECE certification, plus minimum 5 years experience working in a non-profit licensed child care facility with children 3-5 years old, including experience managing staff and administrative processes.
- Special Needs Certification is an asset.
- Current First Aid and Food Safe certifications.
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check issued no later than six (6) months preceding the start date for this position.
- Statement from a medical practitioner ensuring physical and psychological health is adequate to work with children and carry out assigned duties.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively as part of a team.
- Experience planning age-appropriate programming to meet the developmental needs of children.
- Ability to build relationships and work cooperatively with parents to meet children's needs, addressing challenging topics with care and sensitivity.
- Flexibility, organization and excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Fluency in the English language, both written and oral; additional languages are an asset.
- Ability to work with Accountants and Board to build an annual budget and to monitor income and expenses in relation to the budget.
- Computer/office software experience required.
- Experience working with children in a multicultural setting is an asset.
Nature of Position: The ideal candidate enjoys helping children develop and flourish, works well collaboratively, develops meaningful relationships, has a positive attitude, and takes initiative to solve problems effectively.
The Senior Supervisor assumes responsibility for overseeing and supervising the day to day operational direction set by the parent-run Board of Brant Villa Day Care Society. The Senior Supervisor is responsible for overseeing program planning, working effectively with staff, working with families and children, connecting with the community, mentoring students, and overseeing administrative responsibilities related to the day to day operation of Brant Villa Day Care Society. The Senior Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership in keeping with the philosophy of Brant Villa Day Care Society and for ensuring that the developmental needs of each child are met by providing a safe, nurturing, open and curious environment. This position reports to the Brant Villa Day Care Society Board, through the Chair of the Board.
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for all areas of operation, including but not limited to: ADMINISTRATION:
- Ensure all professional, licensing, health and safety decisions regarding operations are prudent, ethical, and consistent with Society policies and satisfies legal, regulatory, and other requirements. Makes recommendations to the Board regarding policy development or amendments as needed.
- Document and maintain policies and procedures in a digital format.
- Prepare the annual Operating Management Plan and Budget for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Monitor cash flow needs of the daycare and working with the Treasurer, make recommendations to the board on long term cash flow needs.
- Oversee and maintain control of approved budgets and expenditures including carrying out the requests of the external Accountants, reviewing monthly financial statements with the Treasurer and Board and supporting the external accountants in preparation of our annual financial statements and regulatory filings.
- Oversee parent/guardian volunteer participation, identifying & coordinating volunteer opportunities, holding families accountable and tacking/billing as needed.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children to create a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere.
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT, PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION:
- Oversee the planning and implementation of childcare programming that reflects the philosophy of Brant Villa Day Care Society.
- Oversee the development and implementation of fundraising activities with the Board of Directors.
- Ensure Funding Grants are applied for as needed, received and documented.
- Ensure records are kept on all children in the program.
- Supervise all areas of special needs programming.
- Develop and implement fundraising activities with the Board of Directors.
- Manage staff resources effectively to ensure that they work as members of a team, have input into planning and have opportunities for improving their professional skills.
- Conduct staff meetings at least once a month and to support professional development.
- Supervise and evaluate the work of program staff, casual staff, practicum students and volunteers.
- Assist the Board of Directors with the hiring process and to make recommendations on staffing.
- Carry out and oversee all human resource related staff management (eg. interviewing, hiring, performance reviews, progressive discipline, conflict resolution and discharge).
- Prepare and oversee staff schedule as well as overtime, sick, leave & vacation time tracking.
- Ensure there is a Management Representative to Interact and liaise with the BCGEU.
- Ensure consistent representation at monthly Board meetings.
- Liaise and maintain strong open relationships with parents and families.
- Ensure open, respectful and confidential communication with parents.
- Advocate for families and children.
- Encourage family participation.
- Coordinate and organize events within the Centre (i.e. Annual General Meetings).
FACILITY & EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE:
- Ensure indoor and outdoor environments are healthy & safe for children, their families and staff as per licensing regulations.
- Oversee the identification, assessment and reporting of all needed repairs and replacements for general maintenance of the building. Working with the Board to develop an annual short- and long-term facility maintenance and development plan.
- Ensure maintenance and janitorial work is completed and meets health standards.
- Oversee the planning and ordering of supplies and equipment.
- Identify contractors and obtain quotes as needed, and obtain Board support or approval as required in line with the daycare policies.
Salary & Benefits:
Hourly Pay: $26.93 plus benefits package (as per Collective Agreement)
Use of Automobile: The employee is not required to use their automobile in the performance of job duties.
- Position Start Date:
- August 1st, 2019
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Contact Name:
- Julia Wu
- 4103 Brant St Vancouver, BC V5N 5B5
- Application Closing Date:
- April 30th, 2019
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Interested applicants must ensure that they submit their applications in the form of a resume and cover letter by 4:30 p.m. on April 30, 2019. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required education, skills, and qualifications of the position for which you are applying. You will also be required to provide the names and contact information for two work-related references. All candidates selected for interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume. Qualified internal applicants shall be given first consideration in filling this position. This position is open to male and female applicants.