Reggio-Inspired Preschool Educator
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
- Criminal record check
We are searching for experienced, confident and creative Educators who would be interested in our preschool (3 & 4 year old) and toddler (2-year old) programs. The Vancouver Child Study Centre (VCSC) is a well-established and well-regarded play-based preschool, inspired by and dedicated to the Reggio philosophy. Our unique offering for two-year-olds and their parents is also based in the Reggio-inspired philosophy.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a genuine curiosity and love for life, a strong commitment to personal growth, and if not experience, an interest in learning and developing in the Reggio philosophy
- Be able to offer open-ended learning experiences as an invitation to wonder, explore, and create in as many ways as possible to the children of our preschool
- Cultivate an environment where joy, kindness and creativity leads the emotional, spiritual, intellectual and cognitive development of the children
- Be flexible, hard-working, patient, empathetic and highly motivated
- We strongly believe in the environment as the third teacher. This means you should be able to assess, maintain and constantly adapt the physical environment; changing materials, provocations and set-ups prepared weekly as part of the unfolding curriculum.
- We use observations to expand project work. Documentation is regularly used as a communication tool at our centre. You should feel confident with writing observations, reflecting on personal practice and engaging in passionate and respectful pedagogical dialogues within the team.
- All teachers share responsibility for daily classroom set-up, snack preparation, and clean-up. Administration is also shared among the teachers.
- The team plans and attends events that foster and enrich the preschool community, such as the Fall welcome back event, annual open house and parent-teacher interviews.
Working hours are as follows:
- Preschool program: Monday-Thursday 8:00am-12:30pm
- Toddler program: Fridays 8:00am-2:30pm
- Note: there is an opportunity for full-time / increased hours with inceasing student enrollment
Salary & Benefits:
- A competitive salary/wage based on experience, plus benefits, medical/dental
- 4 weeks paid vacation during Winter Break (2 weeks) and Spring Break (2 weeks) aligning with the Vancouver School Board calendar (pro-rated for part-time)
- Paid professional development and sick days
For more information about VCSC and our programs, visit www.vancouverchildstudycentre.ca.
- Position Start Date:
- September 3rd, 2019
- Employment Type:
- Part Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jannel Shute: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify if you are interested in applying for the Preschool position (Monday-Thursday), Toddler program position (Friday's only) or both.