E.C.E. Assistant Teacher-Montessori All-Day Program
Blue Spruce Montessori was established in 1997 and operated for over 21 years in the Richmond community. Debbie Marette, owner/administrator, graduated in 1994 with a primary A.M.I diploma and an E.C.E. certificate and is dedicated to providing a Montessori program that closely adheres to the Montessori principles that Dr. Maria Montessori set out. Blue Spruce Montessori is now reopening in Vancouver, in a brand-new custom-built facility and will have the capacity for 22 students.
We are searching for an early childhood educator, that has a genuine passion and interest in the developing child and a strong desire to connect with families and the larger community, to join our team. An educator that genuinely strives to develop each individual child’s whole self, and instil a lifelong love of learning through observation, creativity, and nurturing.
This is a great opportunity to work in a beautiful, prepared environment, that has the full set of primary Montessori materials and a wonderful opportunity to see a new center unfold.
- Child First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Criminal Record Review.
- Immunization History.
- 3 Reference letters related to the field.
- Proof of both mental and physical fitness to work with children.
- Experience working with children ages 2.5 – 6 years, an asset but not necessary.
- Experience in a Montessori environment an asset but not necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to connect well with the young child.
- Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills both orally and written.
- An ability to guide groups of children of varying ages, needs and abilities.
- Ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with love and respect.
- Patience and excellent observational, and diagnostic skills.
- Establishing rapport and building relationships with students and families based on trust.
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of the prepared environment, creating a safe, clean, stimulating environment where all children feel safe and valued.
- Demonstrate appropriate child guidance techniques that are respectful to the child and help develop self-esteem, independence, good choice making and trust.
- To be a positive role model, instilling good values like honesty, accountability, understanding, tolerance, respect, love, and kindness.
- Observing, guiding, supervising, and assessing children in the prepared environment.
- Opening the center, greeting early arrivals.
- Preparing materials to be used in the classroom.
- Preparing healthy snacks and assisting with hot lunch.
- Supervising outdoor play and nap time.
- Participating in school activities, trips, and events.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Individual health benefits.
- Daily hot lunch.
- Wage enhancement.
- Professional development.
Visit our website at:
- Position Start Date:
- August 1st, 2021
- Position Notes:
- August 1 2021
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume attention Debbie Marette to email@example.com.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a zoom meeting.
No phone calls, please.