Minimum Responsible Adult
Preferably has their ECE License to Practice or meets the qualifications of Responsible Adult: be at least 19 years of age; able to provide care and mature guidance to children; have completed a course or a combination of courses of at least 20 hours duration in child development, guidance, health and safety or nutrition; have relevant work experience.
We are seeking Early Childhood Educators who:
- Are able to understand and support child development using the BC Early Learning Framework
- Are passionate, creative, intentional & reflective in their work with children
- Promote an inclusive environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of pedagogical narration or is willing to learn and engage in this practice
- Have a disposition towards research and inquiry
- Are welcoming of the multiple perspectives of children, families & professionals
- Are committed to professional development and growth
- Are an advocate for children, families & the ECE profession
Salary & Benefits:
- $18.36/hour (plus an additional $2/hour for licensed ECE’s as per the ECE Wage Enhancement Initiative)
- 8% vacation pay
- Paid parking
SFU Childcare Society is an equal opportunity employer, pursuing diversity and valuing what diversity brings to the workplace. SFU Childcare Society adheres to the ECEBC Code of Ethics. This position is open to applicants of any gender.
SFU Childcare staff are members of the BCGEU (Current Collective Agreement is being ratified).
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please email a cover letter and resume outlining your experience and edcuation (including two references), as well as copies of your BC License to Practice and current First Aid certificate, addressed to Program Director, SFU Childcare Society.
We will contact only those applicants selected for an interview.