Early Childhood Educator (ECE) - Infant Toddler (IT)
• Must possess ECE and IT certificates and licenses
• Current First Aid and Food Safe certifications
• Possess doctor's certificate stating good health
• Comply with the BC Vaccination and TB test
• Special Needs Certificate and License an asset
• Sign Language certificate an asset
• Ability to speak Arabic language is an asset.
• Experience working with children and parents from immigrant communities an asset.
Understand and follow all MOSAIC, Child Care Facility Licensing (CCFL) and BC Early Learning Framework (BCELFW) policies and regulations
• Interact directly with the children, providing quality care
• Maintain an organized and clean environment including storage spaces
• Ensure that safety and supervision standards are met according to licensing and MOSAIC requirements.
• Use effective and cooperative teamwork and communication to work with the ECE team to deliver a high quality and age-appropriate programs.
• Maintain accurate and detailed records
• Use strong written and oral communication skills
• Attend all professional development sessions and other training, as scheduled
• Maintain confidentiality of client information
Salary & Benefits:
35 hours per week
$22.64 - $26.04 based on experience and education or current MOSAIC ECE/IT rate
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
Why you should apply with us:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We have been recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) and the 2020 list of Best Workplaces Managed by Women by the Great Place to Work® Institute. With over 40 years of experience, we’re one of the largest settlement organizations in Canada engaging 350 staff and more than 600 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in someone’s life today!
Join our team!
MOSAIC is seeking a caring, positive and creative individual for the position of ECE-IT at the licensed group daycare supporting the LINC program in Vancouver to start in September.
Early Childhood Educator (ECE) – Infant Toddler (IT)
Employment, Language Program & Social Enterprise
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the direction of the Child Care Manager or Coordinator, the ECE-IT provides childcare and educational programming for newcomer children of LINC students at the Vancouver English Language Centre.
- Position Start Date:
- September 20th, 2021
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Contact Name:
- Nadia Rabierad
- Application Closing Date:
- September 6th, 2021
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Nadia Rabierad
In the subject line of your e-mail please type:
“Your Name- ECE-IT Position”