Mentoring Coordinator - 12 Month Contract Position
- You have a valid driver’s license and access to a car for out-of-office appointments (required)
- Second language an asset; Mandarin, Cantonese or Punjabi speaking but not required
- You have 1 to 3 years’ direct program delivery experience working with children and families
- You are a well-organized, mature, self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team
- You are able to adapt your approach and behaviour in real-time to match the shifting demands of situations
- You have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work some evenings
- You have experience working with a culturally diverse client and volunteer base
- You are knowledgeable about child and adolescent development
- You are skilled at motivating and supporting volunteers
- You are skilled at facilitation, interviewing and training
- Experience working with a case management database is an asset
- You have a strong connection to the Lower Mainland community and are knowledgeable about the area and services
- You have a minimum 2-year post-secondary diploma with related work experience (required) or you have a bachelor’s degree in social sciences or humanities (preferred)
- Develop your leadership skills as you support families, children and youth
- Partner with the community to deliver a variety of mentorship programs as a Mentoring Coordinator
- Maintain ongoing contact with the volunteer mentor, Little Sister and parent/guardians to ensure accountability, support and healthy relationships where the Little Sisters safety is upheld
- Build collaborative relationships with volunteer mentors and Little Sisters by performing one-to-one screening interviews and providing continued support throughout their involvement with the agency
- Maintain accurate confidential case files and monthly reports
- Match volunteer mentors with Little Sisters
- Monitor service delivery and ensure that program standards are met
- Provide support, guidance and additional services/resources to the match as needed
- Facilitate volunteer training sessions and workshops as required
- Provide volunteer recruitment support as needed
- Provide administrative program support as required
- Provide community engagement support as required
- Attendance at evening and weekend events that support relationship building between the client, volunteer, mentoring coordinator and agency
Salary & Benefits:
- An opportunity to do meaningful work and make a positive impact in the community
- A supportive, positive and engaging work environment
- A commitment to work/life balance for employees
- A hourly salary of $23.00 plus 3 weeks vacation pro-rated for part-time
Our Mission is to enable life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people.
Our Vision is that all young people realized their full potential
Our Core Values are:
- We Champion Potential
- Every Connection Counts
- Showing Up Matters
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland (www.bigsisters.bc.ca) is a non-profit society and proud member agency of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada Federation. We are committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of girls, non-binary or transgender youth. Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland is a leader in mentoring youth and providing ongoing support through a variety of engaging programs. Our organization is committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from those who identify as Indigenous, a person of colour, LGBTQ2+, a person with a disability or other community that experiences additional barriers. Join us and make a positive difference in the lives of others in the community.
We are looking for an energetic, responsible and positive person to join us, with a strong commitment to our mission. You are passionate about mentoring at-risk girls, non-binary or transgender youth. You believe it’s your mission to help build strong client relationships and support each match so they can work towards helping the Little Sister achieve their goals and boost their self-esteem. You are a positive person who demonstrates self-awareness and has strong case management skills as a Mentoring Coordinator. You understand the importance of ensuring safe and healthy mentoring relationships take place by monitoring and instilling trust between volunteer mentors and our Little Sisters (ages 7-17).
- Position Start Date:
- June 20th, 2022
- Employment Type:
- Part Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- July 8th, 2022
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
This is a part-time temporary contract position for 22.5 hours (3 days) per week for 12-months reporting to our Vancouver or Surrey office. Daytime travel and some evening work will be required.
The Big Sisters team is currently working primarily from home, but looking forward, we will be embracing a hybrid work environment.
For this position, the candidate must be fully vaccinated. Accommodations will be considered upon request.
If this position sounds like you, please let us know why by submitting your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please use the Subject Line: Contract Mentoring Coordinator
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
If your background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you.