SFUCCS Sapperton Site provides care for Infant/ Toddlers, 3-5 years and School Age .
- Early Childhood Educator Diploma or Degree
- Infant/Toddler Early Childhood Educator License to Practice
- Special Needs License to Practice
- Evidence of continued training /professional development related to child growth/development, inclusive practice, and curriculum pedagogy.
- Current First Aid certificate
- Class 4 drivers license and be willing to drive the school bus where necessary.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date.
ESSENTIAL Work Experience
- Experience of interpreting and working in practice with the Early Learning Framework.
- Be able to show evidence of developing successful teams and community
- At least five years’ recent experience working in a supervisory role with at least 8 staff.
- Evidence of a recent strong and collaborative team philosophy and experience within a childcare supervisory or management level.
- Recent experience in coaching/ mentoring/ presenting in adult education or ECE professional development training.
- Recent experience of building an inclusive, diverse and world view curriculum.
- Experience working and/ or a good understanding of not for profit childcare settings.
- Experience of working across multi- ages from Infant/toddler to School Age
- Experience of working with unionized educators within an agreed Collective Agreement.
The Sapperton Program Coordinator will coordinate and support the educator team in the delivery of high quality and age-appropriate programs based on the SFUCCS core values & Reggio Emilio inspired curriculum.
Reporting directly to the SFUCCS Senior Management this position will include some site management, curriculum leadership, supervisory and administrative duties. They will also support parents and carers in orientations, transitions and be the liasion between families, programs and leadership at the Burnaby SFUCCS site.
They will provide support to Senior Early Childhood Educators across the SFUCCS Sapperton Site and work with educators on curriculum and pedagogical narration.
The Sapperton Program Coordinator will have an extensive knowledge of current early childhood educational and School Age Care and are expected to keep up to date with, lead on and work in conjunction with the Program Director on improving pedagogy and practice where it is relevant to the Society values and strategic plan.
The Sapperton Program Coordinator will be a key part in the continuing success and development of the Society and the raising of the Society’s profile in the Sapperton locality, educator development and ultimately the early childhood experience of our children. Through positive approaches to curriculum development, the planning, preparation and monitoring of learning and teaching across the programs and the support and development of staff, they will provide opportunities to develop and empower future leaders within the society and beyond.
Working within a coaching and mentoring model they will provide curriculum clarity throughout the Society and help support continuous curriculum improvement.
This role is crucial in developing the Society values within the curriculum and building community partnerships off the mountain. The successful person must thrive and enjoy working in a professional collaborative team and must be committed to healthy, happy working relationships. They must be able to work autonomously, be an excellent communicator and also problem solve collaboratively in a team environment.
Salary & Benefits:
Excluded Management position:
Salary: range: $29-$31.46 per hour (to be determined depending on relevant experience) plus $4.00 additional per hour through the ECE Wage Enhancement for BC ECE licensed staff.
Status: FTE (37.5 hours per week )
Benefits include 100% family medical and single dental health coverage, RRSP matching contribution, Transportation & cell phone allowance, four weeks’ vacation entitlement, sick leave benefits and outstanding professional development opportunities.
An appealing Program Coordinator opportunity for an experienced ECE professional to lead curriculum and coordinate our 103-space childcare facility which provides care from Infant/Toddler through to School Age. The SFUCCS Sapperton Program Coordinator must have a passion for building positive relationships and community; be able to develop a vision and set goals for success and show they have expertise in delivering and leading high quality and age appropriate programs and curriculum.
Having opened in Fall 2022, SFUCCS is looking to hire a new and experienced Program Coordinator for our Reggio inspired facility at the Sapperton Childcare site, 7650 Sapperton Avenue, Burnaby.
In an innovative partnership with Burnaby Community & Continuing Education (BCCE) and School District #41, SFUCCS is the exclusive provider on the site, providing a 103-space childcare which includes a 25 *3-5-year-old program, 2* 12 space Infant/ Toddler programs plus a School Age program for the local SCHOOL HUB, which includes Armstrong and Seaforth elementary schools.
Our goal is for SFUCCS to work closely with BCCE to provide a unique ECE training facility in the lower mainland. ECE practicum students will learn hands on alongside the experienced and highly knowledgeable SFUCCS educators on site at Sapperton and will have access to mentorship, training, facilities and support from SFUCCS Senior Leadership, administration and a team of 75+ educators on the Burnaby campus, plus be able to maintain close ongoing support from instructors and mentors at BCCE, ECE program.
- Position Start Date:
- October 16th, 2023
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- September 26th, 2023
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Application deadline: Tuesday September 26th @5pm
Please email cover letter and resume to the Executive Director: email@example.com