School Age Educator
- Preferably has their ECE License to Practice or meet qualifications of Responsible Adult: be at least 19 years of age; able to provide care and mature guidance to children; have completed a course or a combination of courses of at least 20 hours duration in child development, guidance, health and safety or nutrition; have relevant work experience
- Committed to understanding the BC Early Learning Framework
- Is passionate, creative, intentional & reflective in their work with children
- Is welcoming of the multiple perspectives of children, families, and other professionals
- Is an advocate for children and families
- Is committed to professional development and growth
- Promotes an inclusive environment
- Basic computer knowledge
- SFUCCS has a Covid-19 vaccination mandate that is currently suspended. However, should the Covid-19 vaccine mandate be reinstated, it will be a requirement for all current and future employees.
Salary & Benefits:
- Starting salary: $22.87 with annual increases
- $4.00 additional per hour through the ECE Wage Enhancement for BC ECE licensed staff.
- 100% family medical/single dental health coverage (option to add family dental at own cost)
- 4 weeks annual Vacation
- Paid statutory holidays
- 12 paid sick days per year, with carry over provision
- Transportation allowance
- Paid professional development opportunities
SFU Childcare Society is an internationally recognized childcare centre, nestled on the campus of Simon Fraser University, where our physical environments and the experiences shared with children reflect the beauty and nature of our mountain location. We believe that children, educators, and families bring unique perspectives, skills, and knowledge to our Society which should be fostered through individual representation and shared understandings. We engage in intentional observation, reflection, long-term inquiry, and research as a way for children and educators to understand the process of learning and to fully immerse themselves in this experience.
We believe that it is important to create an environment where educators feel supported and that they are given the space to grow in their practice. Our educators connect with each other and their work through pedagogical dialogue, communities of practice, present at workshops and conferences, and have also published articles detailing their work with children and families. To support this work, our Society is committed to providing ongoing learning and leadership opportunities that connect with our mission, vison and core values. Join us in ‘Leading excellence in Early Care and Learning in a sustainable way.’
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Part Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please email a cover letter and resume outlining your experience and education (including two references), as well as copies of your BC License to Practice and current first aid certificate, addressed to Program Director, SFU Childcare Society.
Email: email@example.com. We will contact only those applicants selected for an interview
SFU Childcare Society is an equal opportunity employer, pursuing diversity and valuing what diversity brings to the workplace. SFU Childcare Society adheres to the ECEBC Code of Ethics. This position is open to applicants of any gender.