OUT OF SCHOOL CARE EDUCATOR
Responsible Adult and/or ECE CCFL License to practice in B.C
The Must haves….
- Responsible Adult and/or ECE CCFL License to practice in B.C
- Current First Aid Certification
- Written verification of physical and mental good health as stated by a qualified physician
- Clear criminal record check
- Able to communicate well in English, verbally and in writing
- Experience of working with School Age children aged 5-12
- Experience of supporting children identified with a special or additional needs
Demonstrate experience in the following:
- Able to identify the abilities, interests and needs of all children but particular those identified with a special need.
- Be able to plan and carry out a range of group and individualized activities and experiences relevant and interesting to children between 5 and 12yrs old in and outdoors.
- Show that you are able to provide work direction to team members, assistants and volunteers to ensure a child’s individual work plan and experiences are supported.
- Be able to guide and build respectful professional caring relationships with all children in this age group.
- Make observations, use appropriate questioning techniques and demonstrate problem solving strategies.
- Be able to communicate individual and group needs, report on progress and behavior in a positive, respectful way.
- Be able to communicate professionally and positively with staff, families, school and outside agencies on children’s growth, development and any unusual or problematic issues;
- Be able to administer first aid/ medication in accordance with established policy and community Care Facility Licensing regulations and attend to any physical needs a child need such as diapering, toileting, eating and sleeping.
- Be a team player.
- Ensures a healthy and safe environment in which all children can interact and grow in confidence, self-esteem physically, socially and intellectually.
- Be a leader, motivator and be able to advocate for children and families in the society.
- Be able to follow childcare regulations, policies, and is responsible to implement them as directed;
- Show positive behavior management strategies.
- Take initiative and take direction when needed.
Most importantly, we need people who have a great attitude, be reliable, and be a fantastic role model for children.
Salary & Benefits:
Employment Type: Regular Part Time OSC Educator
Hours: Monday to Friday – 4 to 7hrs per day-varied shifts
(split shifts are required on regular school days)
Salary Information: $18.18/hour plus benefits
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Part Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application