Full-time and Part Time Educator-11 positions available
Type of Child Care:
- Under three’s= Willow, NEW program FIVE full time non -union postions opening November
- 3/5 ‘s =, Saw-Whet New Program needs THREE full time one part time Non-union opening November
- School age K and grade 1 - Three positons minimum 20 hours a week. NEW School age programs will be located within Saw-whet, Barish and Pacific Spirit. Opening October 1.
Qualifications: These positions requires a minimum a completed Early Childhood Education certification with a preference for post basic certification and or a degree, plus proof of successful experience and program planning skills in a quality early childhood environment. Evidence of ongoing commitment through continued and current professional development. Current First Aid, CPR and TB certificate and a valid criminal records search are essential.
We are looking for mature and capable caregivers able to assist in providing exemplary child care in a team setting guided by the UBC Child Care Services mission statement, the BC Early Learning framework and the ECE code of Ethics. These positions require planning and implementing a safe and appropriate early care and learning environment for the children within a licensed group care setting and culturally diverse community. Child Care Staff ensure that all safety and reporting requirements are met as per Child Care Licensing Regulation under the Community Care and Assisted Living Act of BC and Vancouver Coastal Health. Some mentoring and supervision of junior staff may be required.
Job Summary: Must show documented evidence of ongoing professional commitment and development and an attitude that supports ongoing learning. A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and the general public, be flexible, supervise and motivate junior staff. Must provide Doctors note testifying to candidate’s good health, be free of any communicable disease, and physically mentally and emotionally able to carry out the assigned duties in a child care working environment. Good written and oral skills in English are desirable.
Salary & Benefits:
Wage for an IT licensed practitioner $21.73 to 22.49 per hour PLUS $1 per hour government wage supplement initiative.
Generous Employer Paid Benefits Package that includes:
- 4 weeks paid holidays (prorated for part time),
- Generous Paid Sick Leave,
- Employer Matched Pension (4%/4%)
- Employer Paid Coverage for:
- Family BC Medical,
- Family Comprehensive Dental Coverage and a Comprehensive Extended Health Plan.
- Paid professional development time -
And if this is not enough we also offer a Great/Supportive working environment.
- UBC Child Care Services operates over 620 spaces of licensed child care on the university of BC campus. We are looking for a licensed Early Childhood Educator with IT certification, strong caregiving skills, and the ability to excel within a team and experience working with young children.
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application, Drop Off In Person, Fax Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please send a detailed covering letter as well as a current resume stating why you should be considered for this position as well as what is important to you in your work with young children. Forward to:
Darcelle Cottons c/o UBC Child Care Services, 2881 Acadia Road, Vancouver, BC.
V6T 1S1 e-mail email@example.com. Fax. 822-9195