Early Childhood Educator Assistant (ECEA)
We have a Multi-Age Licensed Care facility, and provide child care from ages 1-5 years.
- Early Childhood Educator Assistant Certificate, and/or have completed a course, or a combination of courses, of at least 20 hours duration in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition. Willingness to obtain the Early Childhood Educator Assistant Certificate once hired is mandatory; funding assistance for courses is available.
- Documented experience nurturing, caring for and guiding children
- Superior interpersonal skills; high degree of initiative, creativity and dedication
- Commitment to high quality programming for children and a supportive work environment for staff
- Sensitivity and respect for individual and cultural differences
- Friendly and approachable personality, team player, reliable and dependable
- Flexibility in making on-the-spot decisions depending on the needs of the program
- Excellent problem-solving skills and conflict resolution abilities
- Adequate energy level and ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and organizational skills
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check will be required upon hiring
- Assist in planning and implementing a full range of age and developmentally appropriate activities that are inclusive and stimulating for all children (includes fine and gross motor activities, free and imaginative play, and family circle time)
- Create and maintain a welcoming, emotionally safe, respectful and inclusive environment
- Assist in carrying out routines/curriculum of the program
- Ensure safety and overall well-being of all children in care
- Model positive adult-child interactions that promote intellectual, social and emotional healthy development
- Establish positive relationships with families and their children
- Assist with cleaning and tidying duties and maintaining appropriate health and safety standards in the playroom
- Work with staff team to maintain appropriate supplies and resources for the playroom
- Participate in the development and implementation of special events and programs as required
- May be required to participate in and support Board driven fundraising initiatives
- Participate in staff and team meetings and staff training sessions as required
- Fulfill other duties as required
Salary & Benefits:
Employment Terms: Full time (6 month probation, with a 3- and 6-month review)
Position Start Date: March 1, 2020
Hours of Work: 25 hours/week
Wage: $17/hour to start
Looking to be a part of an exciting childcare experience in a welcoming coastal community?
The adventure: The Mayne Island Early Childhood Society (MIECS) developed a five-day a week licensed daycare, which opened in Fall 2018. This is the only resource of its kind in our community, and we need experienced, fresh-thinking, and creative minds to be part of it!
The opportunity: We are seeking a daycare ECE Assistant (ECEA) to support the Mayne Island Daycare manager and early childhood educator in the planning and implementing of a full range of age and developmentally appropriate activities that are inclusive and stimulating for all children. Funding assistance is available for the on-line ECEA certification course.
The setting: Mayne Island is a small island off the southwest coast of British Columbia with a population of approximately 1000 full time residents. Full of natural beauty and easily accessible to Victoria and Vancouver by BC Ferries, Mayne Island is a vibrant community boasting festivals, world class artists, local farming, and a multitude of community gatherings. The island is a true paradise. Rental accommodation can be difficult to obtain on the island, but the board of MIECS is willing to help with your search.
- Position Start Date:
- March 1st, 2020
- Position End Date:
- January 1st, 2021
- Position Notes:
- NOTE: This is permanent 25 hour/week position with no determined end date. 6 month probation, with a 3- and 6-month review.
- Employment Type:
- Part Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- February 7th, 2020
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please send resume & cover letter to email provided.