Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
- License to Practice
- Valid First Aid/CPR certificate
- Up-to-date record of Immunizations and Tuberculosis test
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check - vulnerable populations.
- Previous experience working with children in a child care/recreation setting.
- Willingness to participate in work-related courses, seminars and training as required.
- Must maintain regular attendance and be flexible to accommodate changing schedules.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations community and/or organization is preferred
- Knowledge of early childhood development, observation and assessment.
- Understanding of early childhood curriculum, assessment, evaluation and reporting.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Self-motivated and proactive when dealing with conflicts.
- Above average ability to work independently, multi-task, time management, organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Anticipates and is consistently responsive and responsible to address issues and concerns at work.
- Ability to mentor and coach peers.
- Ability to be adaptable to change in varied situations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the Centre meets all requirements of the Child Care Licensing Regulations on a daily basis.
- Plan, carry out, and assess emerging curriculum activities and experiences in harmony with the Tsleil-Waututh Nation.
- Child and Family Development Centre’s philosophy and Schedule D of the Child Care Licensing Regulation.
- Cooperate with management and staff to individualise the curriculum and family services.
- Ensure guidance of children that encourages positive self-esteem.
- Ensure positive communications with parents/guardians.
- Contribute to the on-going operation of the Centre.
- Facilitate a respectful conflict resolution process when dealing with difficult staff and parent/guardian issues.
- Implement a problem solving approach with practical solutions when faced with difficult situations.
- Maintain a neat, orderly and clean environment in all activity and program areas.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the Centre, staff, children and their families.
- Participate as a member of Child and Family Development Centre team.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Salary & Benefits:
- To be determined.
- Training & Career Development
- Community Fitness & Gym access
- Comprehensive Benefits & Pension plans
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "ECE"