Early Childhood Educator - Infant Toddler
Facility: Tsleil-Waututh Child and Family Development Centre
City: North Vancouver
Type of Child Care: Infant/Toddler
Qualifications: Basic ECE
- Infant/Toddler License to Practice
- Bachelors degree an asset
- Valid First Aid/CPR certificate
- Up-to-date record of immunizations and tuberculosis test
- Previous experience of 1 year working with children in a child care/recreation setting.
- Willingness to participate in work-related courses, seminars and training as required.
- Must maintain regular attendance and be flexible to accommodate changing schedules.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations community and/or organization is an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Self-motivated and proactive when dealing with conflicts.
- Above average ability to work independently, multi-task, time management, organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Anticipates and is consistently responsive and responsible to address issues and concerns at work.
- Ability to mentor and coach peers.
- Ability to be adaptable to change in varied situations.
- Ensure the Infant/Toddler program meets all requirements of the Child Care Licensing Regulations on a daily basis.
- Adhere to the Child and Family Development Centre’s philosophy and Schedule D&G of the Child Care Licensing Regulation
- Building a curriculum that is developmentally appropriate for children under 3.
- Prepare activity documentation to support childcare learning
- Cooperate with management and staff to individualize the curriculum and family services.
- Ensure guidance of children that encourages positive self-esteem.
- Ensure positive communications with parents/guardians and contribute to the on-going operation of the Centre.
- Facilitate a respectful conflict resolution process when dealing with difficult staff and parent/guardian issues.
- Implement a problem solving approach with practical solutions when faced with difficult situations.
- Maintain a neat, orderly and clean environment in all activity and program areas.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the Centre, staff, children and their families.
- Encourage potty training and/or change diapers when needed.
- Supervising while children are eating and bottle feeding
- Ensure that children are safe at all times and recognize children who are potentially at risk and take appropriate action.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Salary & Benefits:
- To be determined
- Training & Career Development
- Community Fitness & gym access
- Comprehensive Group benefits & pension plans
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "ECE-IT"