Infant Toddler Program Supervisor
Esprit Day Care is a licensed group centre located in beautiful Gibsons B.C looking for fun, energetic, caring, dependable and organized staff members to join our dedicated team! We are a well-established and respected community non-profit childcare centre caring for children 3 months to 5 years in two programs.
- Valid B.C IT License to practice. SN License would be an asset.
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Criminal Record Check
- Record of Immunization and clear medical record
- Minimum 3 references
- Practical knowledge of child development, and licensing regulations
- Previous experience working with children in a group setting required
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to supervise children during indoor and outdoor activities.
- Ability to supervise and direct other staff members.
- Ability to plan, prepare and implement age appropriate experiences and activities.
- Ability to adapt and plan scheduling of staff duties.
- Ability to assist in establishing and maintaining a safe, developmentally appropriate and healthy environment for children.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of families, children and staff.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to the changing needs of all children in care, including any with extra support needs.
Salary & Benefits:
- Wages $23-$25* hr plus $2 Wage Enhancement. *Dependent on education and experience.
- Paid Professional Development
- Education Funding
- ECEBC Membership Reinbursment
- Paid sick days
- Extended Health & Dental benefits, AD&D.
- Relocation assistance available.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- When Day Care Manager is not available accept responsibility for general running of the centre.
- Plan, carry out and assess developmentally appropriate activities and experiences that promote the wellbeing of each child and that respect and reflect the diverse needs of children.
- Provide a daily balance of active/quiet, indoor/outdoor and individual/group activities.
- Help establish and carry out the daily schedule that incorporates child directed activities, care routines and transition times.
- Ensure proper eating, dressing and toileting routines.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with parents.
- Ensure constant supervision, safety and well-being of children.
- Ensure the program operates in compliance with child care licensing standards.
- Observe and record relevant information on children’s activities/progress as required.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers.
- Lead and participate in regular fire drills and other emergency procedures.
- Attend and participate in program/ staff/team meetings as required.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment, as well as daycare equipment.
- Regularly check toys, equipment and environment for hazards.
- Maintaining the play environment and storage areas in an organized and clutter free manner.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Participate in the supervision, training and mentoring of other staff and student volunteers.
- Other duties and tasks as required.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application