Team Coordinator 3
- Must have School Age Care Certification, ECE, ECEA or equivalent Courses/Degree/Certificate in child growth and development.
- Must have at least 2 years of supervisory experience in an inclusive childcare setting.
- Experience working with children in a licensed childcare or recreational setting
- Experience working with children with special needs.
- Valid Emergency Child Care First Aid certificate or equivalent required
- Completion of Grade 12-Minimum 19 years of age
- Provide direct supervision, guidance, and strategic leadership to a staff team of 4 other people or more.
- To read, understand and follow all Provincial and WCAS requirements and standards and ensure Staff team is proficient in meeting and maintaining them.
- To ensure all Policies & Procedures are met and maintained.
- Planning, implementing, and evaluating activities and experiences for individual and group needs of all children within a consistent child centered program environment in accordance with WCAS standards.
- Guiding and Caring for a group of up to 40 children aged 5-12 years old consistent child centered program in accordance with WCAS standards.
- To establish and maintain positive daily communication and relationships with parents, children, school and WCAS staff members.
- To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained as per licensing and WCAS requirements
- Daily & Monthly administrative duties such as record keeping, attendance, financial reports etc.
- To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the Centre, the children, their families, and staff.
- To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed and well groomed.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: $21.70 -$23.72
Extended Health and Dental Benefits after completion of Probationary Period
All WCAS Facility Staff are members of the BCGEU
Placement: April 12, 2021 or as soon as possible
Terms: Permanent Regular Full Time - 35 hours per week
Monday to Friday: 7:00am-9am & 1:00 pm-6pm + additional hours as required on non-instructional days and School Breaks up to 40 hours per week.
Westminster Children's After School Society (WCAS), a non-profit society, envisions New Westminster as a community in which safe, quality; affordable childcare is available to all families. WCAS operates in a cooperative, mutually respectful atmosphere with families, trustees, staff, and administration of the schools which are WCAS’ primary base of operations. WCAS is a provider of and advocate for childcare; a strong voice for allocation of space and funding for childcare; and actively works together with community partners.
WCAS is the largest provider of licensed childcare in New Westminster and serves over 300 children per month between the ages of 5 and 12 years old at our 10 licensed school aged childcare facilities.
Nature & Scope:
Reporting directly to the Director of Programs, the selected applicant will act as the on-site supervisor and will be responsible for: overseeing a staff team of 4 or more, program planning for a group of up to 40 children aged 5 to 12 years, orientation of families, staff scheduling and evaluation, supply purchasing and centre maintenance, liaising with school personnel and outside agencies, centre administrative duties, and other duties as required.
The preferred candidate will have their Early Childhood Education or Assistant, School Age Care Certificate or equivalent education and previous supervisory experience in a group childcare setting. The preferred candidate will have experience working with this age group and ability to work with high needs children. It is required to have a strong philosophy and understanding of inclusiveness. Strong supervisory and leadership skills are mandatory.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- April 5th, 2021 (or until filled)
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Internal/External applicants please email cover letter and resume to:
Director of Programs
WCAS is an equal opportunity employer.
*Only short-listed Candidates will be contacted*