Early Childhood Educator
· Fluency in English (written and spoken)
· Knowledge of the Italian language is an asset
· Must hold Valid Early Childhood Education License
· Proven experience is required as a teacher for children
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
Proven experience is required as a teacher for children
Experience with the Reggio Emilia Philosophy an asset
- Create the syllabus for the assigned class.
- Write lesson plans for the assigned class.
- Lead daily social, learning, and physical activities for all children in the assigned class.
- Monitor children and be responsible for the overall health and welfare of the children in the classroom, which requires diligent monitoring of all children during learning times, mealtimes, restroom breaks, and nap times.
- Encourage and engage children while they are in school.
- Keep classroom clean, organize, and stimulating for children.
- Support children’s interests and play through spontaneous and planned inclusive activities.
- Observe, record, and document the behavior of children.
- Assess and document all work done by children and provide progress reports to parents detailing their child’s success completing classroom work.
- Attend mandatory workshops, conferences, and staff meetings as directed by the School Director.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: $17.00-$22.00 per hour plus additional $2 per hour from Provincial Govt Wage Enhancement Initiative
Benefits: Dental care, Extended health care, Life insurance, On-site parking, Vision care
Please send your resume to the email address email@example.com, and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
The Italian Cultural Centre (a not-for-profit entity) has been an essential part of Vancouver’s cultural the landscape for more than three decades. It opened in 1977 when its founding members, 13 existing Italian Associations, came together “to promote Italian culture, values, and heritage and to share these with other communities.” We have since grown to more than 700 member families and regularly welcome individuals and groups from across the city. Whether for our exceptional catering and banqueting facilities, our language classes, our new childcare facility, or our breadth of cultural activities, the Italian Cultural Centre is one of the most cherished event venues in Vancouver and a destination for those who appreciate authentic cultural activities. Through our collective love of art, food, wine, sports, design, film, music, and literature, we proudly share our culture with our community and welcome all who wish to be part of our vibrant destination in Vancouver.
The Italian Cultural Centre in Vancouver is currently seeking a qualified Early Childhood Educator for our upcoming childcare “Scuola d’infanzia L’albero magico”.
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Our Scuola d’Infanzia (Pre-School) is inspired by the Reggio Emilia Philosophy, an innovative approach to early childhood education. The Reggio Philosophy makes the child central to their own learning. Each child is seen as being full of potential and curiosity. Peaking that innate curiosity, the Reggio Emilia Approach aims to assist them in understanding their environment and their place within it. In a supportive and rich setting, children are allowed to explore and discover their interests which will form their specific and individualized curriculum. Observation and documentation are important elements for teachers who act as equal partners in the child’s education.