LMOSC Summer Camp Staff
The Summer Camp Staff assists and supports our Child Care workers & provides direct care to children ages 6-12 yrs old.
Being creative, happy, having fun, and are willing to be silly yet firm when needed promotes a safe welcoming
environment for all children to play in. If you love to work with school age children, we would love to meet you.
- Minimum age 19 years required
- Youth between the ages of 19 to 29 required
- School Age Certificate, High-Five training or Work experience with school age an asset
- First Aid/CPR Certificate required
- Class 5 or 4 drivers license an asset
- Completion of a clear Criminal Record Check by the Criminal Records Review Act. Required
- Character/Work references.
- Experience working with children in a child care setting
- Additional language/s, and experience in working in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Creative Initiative and a sense of humor.
- Works with staff, to assist children with their needs promoting their social, physical, intellectual, creative, and emotional growth.
- Ensure that all safety standards are implemented and maintained.
- Establish and maintain positive daily communication with parents, children, and staff.
- Program plans, prepares and carries out developmentally appropriate programs and activities.
- Conducts activities with children on an individual and group basis to promote the development of all the children’s needs.
- Maintains confidentiality, keeps records, and reports problems or concerns to senior staff.
- To follow LMNHS and OOSC’s policy, procedures, philosophy and mission statement.
- Keeps program facilities and equipment safe and clean, reporting any repairs or concerns to senior staff.
- Make snack/breakfast
- Supervise children keeping them safe
- Can Close up the centre/room
- Report all hazards to coordinators and the rest of the team
- Report all observations regarding the children, program or any problems or issues to the Coordinators
- Have fun
- A team player, someone punctual, organized, takes initiative, and is fun loving
- Performs other related duties as required.
Salary & Benefits:
Remuneration: $18.43 per hour
Hours: 35 hrs per week in July and August 2023. Your shifts are scheduled Mondays - Friday between 7:30 am -6 pm (in rotation). Position could be extended into our regular school year (Sept – June) if positions are available (2 to 19 hrs per wk during school year).
SORRY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
We are an equal opportunity employer
- Position Start Date:
- July 2nd, 2019
- Position End Date:
- August 30th, 2019
- Position Notes:
- position could lead to regular hours in September 2023. shifts are 2 to 19 hrs per week and are B & A school hrs.
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Contact Name:
- Geraldine Clevette
- 3981 Main St. Vancouver, BC V5V3P3
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application, Drop Off In Person, Fax Application, Other
- Other Application Instructions:
Manager Child Care
3981 Main Street,
Vancouver, BC V5V 3P3