Options Community Services is a non-profit registered charity providing social services primarily in Surrey, Delta, White Rock and Langley. We believe in helping people help themselves. We believe in collaborating with individuals, businesses, community groups and government to create focused, effective and responsive resources for the community.
This position is responsible for providing support, education, access to resources and professional consultation on child care issues to parents, child care providers, early learning professionals and the broader community. They are actively engaged in the development and implementation of services to the community which will enhance the availability and quality of a range of child care options for families.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Early Childhood Education, and/or a combination of education and related experience.
- At least one year of Early Childhood Care and Education training or equivalent combination of education and experience with at least three years previous experience working with children.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Early Years programs, services, and challenges
- Current Level I First Aid Certificate
- Through the provision of education and support, build the capacity of parents and child care providers/early learning professionals to support young children and their families in the context of early childhood development.
- Facilitates a variety of community connections with individuals working with young children and their families, provide resources, organize and mentor in order to support their work.
- Assists in the development, implementation and monitoring of recruitment, assessment, training and supportstrategies for child care providers.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the BC Revised Early Learning Framework, child care services, communityservices, resource persons and a wide range of child care issues and initiatives, and dispenses this informationfor care providers, families and the community.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of special events, and represents the CCRR program and OCS in the child care and broader communities.
- Address parenting questions and concerns of families with young children and provide parent education to improve parenting knowledge, to build healthy parent- child relationships.
- Share culturally-responsive, developmentally-appropriate tools and resources; facilitate referrals; and offer practical ideas to help reduce stress for families and their children.
- Develop, present and facilitate public presentations to community partners, businesses and other networks. Facilitate access to CCRR resources.
- Write reports, evaluations, and program summaries as required.
- Follows written and verbal directives from the immediate supervisor, executive director or designate.
Salary & Benefits:
- Starting salary: $22–$24.87 an hour
- Benefits within 3 Months of Employment
- Position Notes:
- Eligible applicants may be offered a temporary position. This position is open to all qualified applicants.
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- October 13th, 2023
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application, Other
- Other Application Instructions:
PLEASE APPLY TO: Michelle Davies, Program Manager
No phone calls please
Please include a cover letter clearly indicating the posting number [posting
#22371] and outlining your qualifications and related experience for the