SFU Childcare Society provides care from 0-12 years old.
- Early Childhood Educator Diploma or Degree
- Infant/Toddler Early Childhood Educator License to Practice
- Special Needs License to Practice
- Evidence of continued training /professional development related to child growth/development, inclusive practice, and curriculum pedagogy.
- Current First Aid certificate
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date.
ESSENTIAL Work Experience
- Experience of interpreting and working in practice with the Early Learning Framework.
- Evidence of practical experience of working with Infant/ Toddler, 3-5 yr. old and School Age children and have a strong understanding of child development from 0-12yrs.
- Be able to show evidence of developing teams.
- At least five years’ recent experience working in a senior educator/ team lead or supervisory/program manager role.
- Evidence of a recent strong and collaborative team philosophy and experience within a childcare supervisory or program manager level.
- Recent experience in coaching/ mentoring/ presenting in adult education or ECE professional development training.
- Recent experience of building an inclusive, diverse and world view curriculum.
- Experience working and/ or a good understanding of not for profit childcare settings.
- Experience of working with unionized educators within an agreed Collective Agreement.
- Provides pedagogical leadership in the SFUCCS programs, providing connections with our shared values and a child centered emergent curriculum philosophy in our daily practices.
- Ensure that a strong image of child is the core purpose of the Curriculum.
- Foster excellence within the Curriculum.
- Work with our regular visiting pedagogists in curriculum pedagogical projects with educators and children.
- Work alongside the Program Director to support the professional and personal development of educators.
- To understand and ensure an inclusive, diverse environment and be committed to a journey towards truth and reconciliation. Curriculum Leaders will feel confident role modelling, sharing diverse voices and perspectives in a meaningful and authentic way in the programs.
- The Curriculum Leader will contribute to the progress of the Society by creating harmonious interrelated teams which learn together and from one another.
- Directly supervise a group of 8 senior educators across designated *IT and *3-5 programs.
- Works alongside children and IT and 3-5 educators on a daily basis in programs to collaborate/lead the team to support reflective practice, curriculum explorations and the development of observation and documentation skills.
- Using a reflective model, coach educators in observing children and scaffolding learning in connection with an emergent approach, inspired by the practice of the schools of Reggio Emilia.
- Grow inclusive classroom practices that are reflective of a strong image of families, children and the educator.
- Support educators in implementing in-depth curriculum investigations, encouraging involvement of all children.
- Provide pedagogical orientation for all new staff and act as a resource to all staff within their team.
- In collaboration with educators and teams support the development of pedagogical documentation
- Lead curriculum meetings
- Participate in ongoing professional development related to reflective teaching, current research and best practice. .
- Administrative work such as report writing, educator goal planning, employee’s attendance records, checking time sheets, overtime/ earned hours/ vacations, etc.
Salary & Benefits:
Compensation and Benefits
Excluded Management position:
Salary: $28 p/h
Status: FTE (37.5 hours per week Mon-Fri)
Benefits include 100% family medical and single dental health coverage, RRSP matching contribution, Transportation allowance, four weeks’ vacation entitlement, sick leave benefits and outstanding professional development opportunities.
An appealing middle management opportunity for an experienced ECE professional to lead and share their passion and expertise in the ECE field at our Burnaby Mountain location.
This is a new position at SFUCCS. The Curriculum Leader will be a key part in the continuing success and development of the Society, building capacity in educators and ultimately the early childhood experience of our children. This position will include curriculum leadership, supervisory and administrative duties, through a pedagogical approach to curriculum development, planning, preparation and reflective practice across the programs.
The Curriculum Leader will provide leadership and support for educators in Infant Toddler, 3-5 and have a good understanding of School age programs across the Burnaby site, in the delivery of high quality and age appropriate 0-12 yr. old programs based on the SFUCCS core values & Reggio Emilio inspired curriculum. Working within a coaching and mentoring model with the support of the Executive Director and Program Director, Curriculum Leaders will provide curriculum clarity throughout the Society.
The Curriculum Leader will form a vital part of a new middle management team at SFUCCS. They will have an extensive knowledge of current early childhood educational aspects and are expected to keep up to date with, lead on and work in conjunction with the Program Director, liaise closely with our regular visiting pedagogists, on improving pedagogy and practice where it is relevant to the Society values and strategic plan.
The role of the Curriculum Leader is crucial to ensure the Society’s values are embedded within the Curriculum. Curriculum leaders must thrive and enjoy working in professional reflective, collaborative teams and must be committed to healthy, happy working relationships.
- Position Start Date:
- November 2nd, 2020
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- September 25th, 2020
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Only applicants with all essential qualifications and work experience will be considered for interview