Early Childhood Education (ECE) Instructor
At Vancouver Career College, we offer quality education to those wishing to pursue a career in healthcare, business, trades, education, art and design, and legal. Vancouver Career College Prides itself on changing lives through education by helping students achieve their personal and academic goals. We are happy to say we are looking an experienced and certified Early Childhood Educator to join our Instructor team!
- Degree or dipolma from a recognized University or College in Early Childhood Education
- Current ECE BC license
- Two or more years' experience in a related field
- Current Infant/Toddler or Special Needs certification may be required based on program
- A completed or in progress credential in Adult Education and/or teaching experience is preferred
- Satisfy specific position qualificaitons as prescribed in program design and program approval for the instruction of the courses
The purpose of the Instructor is to lead and contribute to the academic success of students and to the success of the College in achieving its statement of purpose. Under general direction, the Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction and facilitating student learning according to the prescribed curriculum.
Specifically, the Instructor will be responsible for:
- Delivering instruction that meets module and program objectives as set out in the curriculum
- Evaluating student performance fairly and consistently
- Contributing to the development of curriculum and instructional materials
- Supporting the administrative functions of the campus to enhance the student experience
- Acting in a manner that upholds the College standards
- Participating in College and Program activities
- Monitoring and reviewing students during practicum and/or clinical placements, as program requires
The instructional time is in the evenings and on the weekends.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Position Notes:
- Evenings and weekends
- Employment Type:
- Part Time
- Employment Term:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Other Application Instructions:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to the website link provided. We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected to move forward in the process will be contacted.