Early Childhood Educator
Early Childhood Educator Certificate, Early Childhood Assistant Certificate or Grade 12 plus enrolled and working towards in an Early Childhood Education certificate
and one year’s experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· BCRPA High Five - Principles of Healthy Child Development Certification (or willing to
· Standard, Childsafe or Emergency First Aid including CPR C.
· Police Information Check.
· 19+yrs of age.
· Immunization Record.
· Post Basic ECE Training
· Reggio Workshops
· Montessori Certificate
· 2nd language
· Sign language
· Food safe
1 year experience working in a childcare program
Reporting to the Preschool Coordinator, Community Facilities Coordinator or Director of Child
Care Services, assists with the development and implementation of a comprehensive
community based preschool program for ages 2-5yrs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with the development, planning and implementation of a comprehensive
preschool program; organize and lead preschool activities, special events, fundraising
and field trips; develop preschool curriculum.
· Assist volunteers and practicum students in the classroom.
· Attend to children’s physical needs, which may include toileting and eating.
· Provide information to visitors wanting to hear about the program and/or see the
· Communicate problems or concerns with children, families, staff and external agencies.
· Recommend referrals or additional services for children with professionals such as
behavioural therapists, occupational therapists and speech language pathologists.
· Monitor children in indoor and outdoor activities and during rest periods; conduct
activities with children on an individual and group basis.
· Ensure classroom safety as outlined by Health Medical Safety regulations; follow proper
· Administer medications as required in accordance with established policy.
· Keep program facilities and equipment safe and clean, reporting any repairs and
concerns to senior staff.
· Plan and organize classroom layout.
· Work with agencies to acquire resources for children.
· Attend regular meetings with preschool instructors, Supervisor and where appropriate.
· Responsible to document and report child abuse to supervisors and the Ministry.
· Responsible to fill out accident report forms.
· Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to facility.
Salary & Benefits:
hours of Work and Remuneration
· Monday – Friday, 32.50 hours/week
· Wage: $20.54 – $21.79/hour. Plus $4.00/hour wage enhancement for 2021-2022. Benefits after 3 months
Interested candidate may apply for this position by sending a cover letter and resume to:
Anne Marie Olmstead Wilcox, Preschool Coordinator
Cambie Community Centre
128000 Cambie Road
Richmond, B.C. V6V 0A9
The deadline for receiving applications is October 22, 11:59pm. The East Richmond Community Association thanks all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those candidates under further consideration will be contacted.
- Position Start Date:
- November 8th, 2021
- Position Notes:
- This is a for contract for November 2021-June 2022. This contract roles over to each school year from September to June. We are closed for July and August
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- October 22nd, 2021
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application, Drop Off In Person
- Other Application Instructions:
Applicants can email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or
drop off at
Cambie Community Centre
12800 Cambie Road